samedi, octobre 29, 2005

pumpkin carving

So while waiting for a friend from high school to arrive by ferry I met up with Benette and we carved pumpkins. Its always fun to introduce someone to the art of pumpkin carving, the difficulty of trying to carve a nice line combined with the elbow grease needed to do it.

The moment when you lift the top and see what the inside is all about, and then the instant when you reach inside and realize just how gooey and icky it is inside trying pull the seeds out.

Its great fun. And here is the result, my beautiful pumpkin in all its glory.

I named him Jack and Jack is currently garding my apartement door scaring away all the non-existant trick-or-treaters.

Welcome to France Jack.

2 commentaires:

Ksam a dit…

Hey Karina, I just started a blog too, and am a little confused about how all this linking to other bloggers works....I see you managed to do it, so would you mind explaining to me how to go about it?

Thanks,
Samantha (from the assistant website)

Ksam a dit…

thanks for the link...so far, so good. Was having trouble finding it after a few glasses of wine last night!! :-)