lundi, mai 30, 2011

I've been reborn

That's right this ain't no April Fool's!! I found out that on the 26th of May 2011 I became French and didn't even know it! :)

I just called the Préfecture because my carte de séjour will expire the end of June and I've been starting to wonder if my dossier had just fallen into the dark hole of paperwork... The nice guy I spoke to back in April confirmed everything was validated 4 days ago! I have yet to receive the official paperwork but am officially Franco-American!

I still can't believe it and probably won't until I get that paperwork in my hot little hands!

Time to pop open the champagne!

11 commentaires:

deedee a dit…

Felicitations Frenchie :)

Anonyme a dit…

yes, deffo, champagne, you're french after all! maybe some fois gras too! bisous and congrats again!

BlondeInFrance a dit…

Yay! Félicitations!

Ksam a dit…

I know I said it already, but YAYYYYYY!!!!

MilkJam a dit…

Thanks ladies!!! we cracked open a bottle I had bought in Provence last year and have been saving - YUM! Champagne is for this weekend! :)

L a dit…

Congratulations! No more accueil des étrangers for you!

Kitty a dit…

I'm so totally jealous! How did you manage this? I want to become Franco-American! (Just no Spaghetti-Os)

Hugs and quiches from Kitty x

MilkJam a dit…

L - I never had to do that day - lucky me! But it is lucky as my CdS expires the end of June and I wasn't happy about potentially having to pay another 100euros!

Kitty - I applied! Took me 3 months to put the documentation together and 11 months to get the news but here is the link if you're interested: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/N111.xhtml

Megan a dit…

Yay! Isn't it strange to find out after the fact? I think most countries would send you a letter ahead of time, along the lines of "Your nationality will become effective as of..." Anyway, glad it is almost over. (still have to get the actual paperwork). And May 26th is our wedding anniversary! Must be a lucky day.

Ozma a dit…

yay! congrats! I'm just beginning my journey towards Frenchdom...

Barbara a dit…

Congratulations!