jeudi, octobre 13, 2005

lost

This does not seem to be my week...

The good(ish) news is that it seems that my "1-Click" order from Amazon.fr has been removed from my items waiting to be shipped. No emails from either mystery-seller or Amazon have been received as of yet though....

In not-so-good news I went to the Prefecture to ask why on earth they still havn't given me my letter saying its time to come and pick up your beautiful-new-shiny-student-carte-de-sejour? So get up early on my day off and trot down there only to hear from the lady that when did all the construction work on the office they re-arranged all the files and have 'misplaced' mine... My temperary carte de sejour expires on Monday so she told me that I need to skip class Tuesday morning to come and see if they've 'found' it yet... Maybe I can look for them! Ha!

What is it with France and misplacing important items*? I really don't get it, you should be able to keep track of someone's file! Grrrr...

I hope someone is keeping their fingers crossed for me cause I think I need it.

*this is in reference to the amazing bag-loss drama of Sep 2001 by Air France which totalled a 6-week waiting period for my entire life packed in to 2 suitcases. moral: always take a change of underwear in your carry-on!

Aucun commentaire: