lundi, mai 29, 2006

safe & sound

Well after worrying that Dad & Anne had been taken captive and roasted alive by the man-eating Norman cow, I got a phone call saying they were about 30 minutes away from town.

So I jumped on the bus and met them at their hotel. It was great to see both of them again. It seems like yesterday that I was home celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday in August... but at the same time it seems like forever ago. So many things have happened to me this year, the longer I stay here the more and more confortable and at home I feel in my adopted city.

It's going to be fun to show them around Caen, not only the sights but where I go shopping (I had gotten Anne addicted to Zara while in Paris 2 years ago), where the university is and the rest of my life here. It is the first time, however, that family who can speak French as come to visit. I'm so used to having to translate everything! Its a nice break (although it was never much of a burden) to just let them do their thing. We have a couple day trips ahead after we spend tomorrow exploring Caen.

Of course my perfect daughter efforts rewarded by my (early) beautiful birthday present. Isn't she beautiful?

I can't stop playing! Its just too pretty and too much fun :-) Loooove new toys! Especially ones that flash!

3 commentaires:

deedee a dit…

That is a very good birthday present!

Bon anniversaire, whenever it is:)

MilkJam a dit…

Thanks! I felt stupid saying it is a birthday present even if it is because my birthday isn't until Oct 27th... But at the same time this way I can use my present early and they don't risk shipping it :D

benny a dit…

yeah ! nearly as cool and sexy as mine ! ;-)