jeudi, mai 18, 2006

last day

Today is my last day of work in my far-far-away-school... The school I like the best (my contract is split over 2 different schools) even though it is miles away...

So cause the other teachers I work with are so nice I decided to make them cookies so last night when it was hot and humid in Caen I was slaving over a hot oven! But hey I think my butterscotch-chocolate chip cookies were yummmm and, well, so did they! Its only 1pm and most of them have long since been eaten!

Its fun to do nice things for people that are nice to you. I can tell you right now that I'm not slaving over a hot oven for the other school! The one where people ignore me in the staff room, no thank you! I'd be surprised if they tell me Thank You at the end of my contract! (Whereas people at this school have already invited me to the end of the year party... hummm)

Thats the way the cookie crumbles eh??

In other news I went and joined the lemmings in seeing the DaVinci Code last night. It was almost exactly how I had expected, entertaining. I heard it was like the book (as should be) and as the book was a light entertaining read so was the film version. It did make me want to reread the book but I do have to say that I never really got into the film... I'm not sure if this was due to the film itself or the bad translation or the terrible dubbing done by Audrey Tautou...

The one thing that really impressed me was how they managed to fill in the history and internal thoughts of the characters in very simplistic ways. You'll have to see it to know what I mean but it was very well done.

I think all the actors were fairly good (still hard to see Tom Hanks in that role), but the Monk and Ian McKellen were both supurb!

Its a fun movie, if you're looking for some entertainment go out and see it ;-)

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Mm, cookies. I should find some sort of thinly veiled excuse to make cookies. Like board gaming on Saturday, that's totally an excuse to make cookies, right?