vendredi, mai 19, 2006

kinky chinese

Last night I was invited out to a Chinese/Japanese restaurant (have you ever noticed how in France all the Asian food is just lumped into 1 restaurant Chinese-Thai-Korean-Tibetan??) with Mr. Mystery Guest and his Japanese class.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

It was the best Chinese food I've had in France! And the price wasn't too bad either!

I took a 14E menu and got a starter of fried wantons, main course of pineapple chicken (my 2nd favorite Chinese food after lemon chicken), sticky rice and fried bananas for dessert! It really tasted like the Chinese food you get at home, delish!

But I have to admit, the reason for writing this post lies in what happened after dessert...

The waiter came back with "Chinese sake" and lots of little sake cups, 1 for each of us.

When he set the cups down in front of us there was a general buzz about the table. I just thought that it was nice that they were treating us as we are such a big group...

Oh no, how wrong was I! Each cup was different and was specifically set down in front of certain people. When you look inside you saw the image above. There was a concurve glass sphere inside the cup. I thought nothing of it, only that its a little weird.

But when the waiter came back to pour the sake everyone peered into their cups... The sake made an image appear under the glass sphere:

naked women for the men and naked men for the woman!

I'm talking full frontal nudity people!

According to all the Frenchies at the table this is a typical custom done in Chinese restaurants here!!! Of course we all had to compare our pictures (as they were all so unique...) and have a giggle.

Well they all had a giggle, I was peeing my pants and in the end almost stole one from the table to keep as a souvenir...

Aucun commentaire: