jeudi, février 02, 2006

inky

I always dread Thursdays as I'm stuck in a po-dunk town 45 minutes away with big chunks of time between classes (and freakishly old computers that take 20 minutes to load!)

However it's been a good day so far. I taught 2 classes with really fun kids and we talked about Groundhog Day and the superstition that goes behind it. Then I got them to tell me some French superstitions, one I've never heard of (and don't know if its a regional thing) is that you are supposed to put 7 stalks of wheat in your car so you won't have an accident!

Or if you run out of food then you just grind your own flour and bake a loaf of bread on your engine... hehe

Then I was invited to a collegue's house for lunch - some yummy Thai fish curry and she gave me a Chistmas present she's been meaning to bring to school. A really cool fountain pen with a retractable nib! How fun! I've gotten addicted to them and this one is really nice.

So now I've got 2 hours to kill before I can hitch a ride home... might make the most of the free time and work on my translation homework for next week... or I should anyway!

Edit: ended up getting off work early cause of strikes (God bless France!)

Aucun commentaire: