dimanche, février 05, 2006

singin'


The little kids I teach had a mini-concert on the playground yesterday morning. It was adorable! They had spent the week learning about "water" - don't ask, I don't really know why... And so they gave a little concert for the parents at 11am.

It was so cute! I dragged along Mystery Guest and when we arrived in the school I was mobbed by the little anklebiters who ran up saying "hello hello"! And then I could see those little fingers pointing at me while whispering to their parents, "C'est la prof d'anglais" like I was some sort of minor celebrity.

As the week was themed on water they sang several songs having to do with rain or water. Most of them I didn't recognize (except the French version of "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head")

But my pride and joy was when they all sang "Singin' in the rain". It was great! Seeing all of them up there (K-5) busting out an American song, if you closed your eyes you could almost imagine it was a group of American kids. We had been working on it for the last few weeks and it really paid off!

So cute :-)

Aucun commentaire: