jeudi, novembre 02, 2006

ride 'em cowboy!

Yesterday was a national holiday so no one had to work and the town was all closed up. We decided to take advantage of the free time and the beautiful fall weather to go to and take a horseback ride on the beach!

I haven't ridden very much, just a few times as a kid and about 10 minutes at a friend's house when I was 18. I never felt very comfortable, like I would lose my balance easily, and that was just when the horse was standing still or at walk. I thought that trying again might help me conquor some old fears.

I had a blast! We trotted (yes I trotted and have a sore bum to prove it!) down to the beach and then slowly meandered along... It was a beautiful clear day with of course lots of wind at the beach, but lots of people out for the holiday with their families and flying huge kites.

Aucun commentaire: