samedi, novembre 04, 2006

lights out!

I decided to have a quiet night in, watching 24... knitting... studying?!? Yes, ahem, well I stayed in tonight :-)

I was in the middle of chatting on MSN and working on some transcripts of BBC headlines for work when the power flickered and then cut! Luckly I was not completely in the dark as I had just lit my new candle a few hours earlier... Was it just my apartment? The building? The block?

I poked my head outside my door and tried the hall light. Nada. I looked out through the main door and there was light in the street. Ok so just my building. At that moment I heard keys turn upstairs and someone opening their door to check. I called out and asked if they had power. Nope. Niet.

So I just went home and lit some more candles and decided to see how much work I could get done in the 38 minutes that my laptop battery has (yes, I know its old... poor baby).

Then all of a sudden there was a thunk and the power came back, just like that!

Random...

But was very happy this was not while I was hungry! Everything is electric here! The stove, oven, microwave....

And my new candle? Very cheery! :-)

UPDATE: was looking at the news and saw this (and then this) on the front page of the USA Today... Could that be it? My electricity was only cut about 20 minutes and there were streetlights on outside... hummm weiiiiiird.... Thank god I wasn't stuck in an elevator! :-)

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Hi there! Holy cow, I've been away from your blog too long! I really wanted to wish you a happy birthday and apologize for the fact that your maccha powder is sitting, lonely, on the tatami mat floor of my apartment awaiting my return from the States. (*^^*)v Perhaps before I leave Japan I'll manage to SEND it??? That gives me oh, 3 weeks?

My excuse it, of course, I'm HOME!! I get to spend the week with my family in Idaho. (Yes, that means I didn't get a scholarship interview...crossing my fingers on the Fulbright instead now). It is SO nice to be home!!! I'll write more on my blog later. In the meantime, enjoy 24! haha~

welovetea

Ksam a dit…

Yeah, some people I know here in Brittany had their power cut all night - sucko in this cold weather!!

Anonyme a dit…

I heard it was (kind of) because of a ship.