vendredi, octobre 20, 2006

quick trip

Well as my karma caught up with me I went off in the traina to Paris for a quick trip to get my medical exam done. I swear it is such a joke to make us go all the way to Paris for it!

Here's what happened.

I trek out to the suburbs of Paris to arrive at 10am (yes, that means I was up at 5:30am to catch my 7am train) and was told to sit and wait.

Then my name was called to go sit and wait somewhere else.

Then my height and weight was taken and my eyesight was tested.

I was told to wait.

Then my chest was x-rayed.

Then I was told to wait.

Then wait some more. (see a pattern here??)

Then the doctor saw me in the office.

"Your vaccinations are up to date?"

"Yes."

"Ok, go and have a seat over there."

So I wait.

Then I get my paper saying I'm healthy go give the the prefecture and I walk out.

Yes, of course, that medical exam must be done in la capitale, country folk out here wouldn't be able to handle it all... :-) But hey I'll be legal soon! And as a souvenir I got to keep my x-ray!!! Yippeee!!! :-)

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

in the South they usually handle it in the capital of the region--i was placed in the academie de bordeaux one year and had to go into bordeaux for the exam, and i was placed in grenoble another and had the test in grenoble.

very thankful that i didn't have to go to paris! the x-rays are kind of creepy though--

MilkJam a dit…

Yeah, it usually is the big city in the region, when I was a student in Nantes it was there. But I guess no one thinks that there are any big cities in Normandy... I'd even prefer going to Rouen for an exam than Paris its just such a pain in Paris...
The doctor also told me that it had a lot to do with the amount of immigrants and that Caen probably has a low number (except for the influx of students and assistants which is only at 1 point during the year...)
the x-rays are creepy, but at least this time it was a woman! the first time it was a dude and walking half naked into a random room is just a big weird...

Ksam a dit…

oh wow, that's so weird that you had to go to Paris. even the smaller cities in my dept do them.

i too am glad i did not have to go to paris to do mine, what a pain that would've been!