vendredi, octobre 13, 2006

mush

I got a translation job this week, a four-page text to have done for Sunday! Needless to say it is not a lot of time to do a translation! I'm half-way done and staying home this evening (as a busy weekend is ahead!) to get some work done on it.

I swear it pushes my poor brain as far as it can go! I get about a paragraph done in an hour or so and I just feel like I can't think anymore.... I've got noodles for brains!

So this is my little mini-break :) reading up on blogs and letting the noodles rest for a bit :) Then it is back to the grindstone... wish me luck!

Update: I have found through a scientific study that chouquettes are the best way of fixing said noodle brain :) hehe

3 commentaires:

Ksam a dit…

Hey, for some reason, I can't find your email address to send you more info about my PDA...can you write to me quick?? If you don't have mine, there's a link to it on my blog.

Ksam a dit…

PS. Congrats on the translating job, I hope you are being well-paid for all of your hard work! What's the subject matter? And is it French to English?

MilkJam a dit…

It is paid, not normal translating price but as much as the department can afford to give me. Yeah, its from a prof in the sociology department who did a study on the effects of driving under the influence of various drugs, i'm learning a lot! i think thats why I like translations so much, you learn all sorts of random things! and yup, French to English, otherwise i'd die... :)