lundi, octobre 02, 2006

long day

Whew its been a long day! I started off this morning waiting with the other immigrants in front of the prefecture at 8am (it doesn't open until 8:45 but if you don' t get there early and line up then all the tickets get taken and you have to come back another day!) only to be told that I will in fact have to go to Paris for my medical exam... shucks, I thought I could have gotten out of it for the third time but I guess my karma caught up with me... poo.

Afterwards I trucked up to Uni and finished my photocopies and lesson plans before meeting up with Benedicte for a chat. Then I had the lovely job of recording two articles for the English students to use in class... isn't it annoying listening to your voice on playback?? And how difficult it actually is to read articles, I kept stumbling over words and getting tongue-tied! But hopefully it will work out all right, they now have my beautiful accent digitalized!

From 4-5 I had my first class, it went alright, I guess as well as a 1st class can go... I ended up doing what I feared, running of out things to do and loosing steam but I just figured hey its college folks! Kids you can go 10 min early - enjoy! haha No, it wasn't horrible, in anycase I can see myself picking up steam and feeling more and more comfortable as time goes on. I feel bad for the Monday kids though! They will end up being my guinea pigs each week :-)

I'm off to get some chow and veg as all my classes are prepared for tomorrow and I'm beat!

This has been the recent addition to Milk Jam, signing off :-)

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Hey Karina !
It was a pleasure for me to discover and browse your blog today, during lunch break. I actually randomly found it while searching for "Dolly's restaurant Caen" on Google!
I am a French, "Caen-born" student at the Université de Montréal, in Québec. I have been studying International Studies here for a year. I loved reading about my town from a foreign student, which is exactly my status here in Montreal.
Maybe I didn't read the right posts, but did you mention in what Lycée you were currently working? I used to study at the Lycée Victor Hugo, not far from the Campus 1.
Also, I realised I had been to the Fête de la Bio near Bayeux, the same day as you did ! How funny !
As the workload here is growing, "doucement, mais sûrement", I happen to feel a little "blue" from time to time... and I actually miss Caen, the same town that I wanted to leave behind one year ago ! But I'll be back for a 3-week holidays break -during which I'd like to work at Dolly's - my favourite eating-, meeting-, chatting-place in Caen.
Congrats for the blog, enjoy Normandy, and good luck for all (I miss the sea so much.... !).
Emmanuelle