mardi, octobre 24, 2006

indigenes

After a long day of work, grocery shopping, struggling to get said groceries home on the tram, tram driver slamming on the brakes and me falling into the pole I went off to a movie with Mystery Guest. Ahhhh a bit of fresh air in a busy day :-) Hat's off to Mystery Guest!

We finally got a chance to see Indigenes, a fantastic French film about the soldiers recruted from Northern Africa to fight for France in World War II. The movie is very well done with a great cast and a touching true story. It is always interesting to see a movie on a part of history that is often left untouched in the textbooks.

The movie really moved me during many scenes and but oddly left me feeling a bit homesick, not sure why, but I really connected with these characters. Its funny, homesickness, its not something that hits me often, I could count on one hand how many times I've really felt homesick. But when it does hit you know it! I love living here, don't get me wrong, but I think it's been too long since my last visit home. My next New Year's Resolution, go home at least once every 12 months :-)

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

I like your New Year's resolution!
Can't wait to see you at Christmas...it's been way too long.
Love, Mom