mardi, octobre 17, 2006

deja?!?!

It is too soon to be Christmas!!! Its not Thanksgiving yet, nor Halloween, nor my birthday and that people means no Christmas decorations yet!

But yet as I walk down my street earlier today I see that it is the first in the downtown to be decked out with Christmas lights... Puhhleez people! Its even earlier than last year!

*But there are new lights on my street this year and I do have to admit they are prettier than last years :-) And I do live on the first street to put them up... that makes it special right?

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I didn't remember they displayed the Christmas lights that early in Caen, at least not two years ago. What's even more surprising is that they haven't started yet, here in Montreal, while everything is always early here in America... But is Montreal real America ?!... :-)
Still, I miss "les lumières de Noël caennaises" ;-)

Anonyme a dit…

I received the Toys R Us Xmas catalog in my mailbox earlier this week, where as I am pretty sure that last year it didn't show up until Halloween.

I think the lack of another holiday to break up the celebration (ie Thanksgiving) is the cause. At least that's my theory.