mardi, septembre 12, 2006

prof?

I went to my first day of work at the Fac* today! I don't start teaching for another few weeks, the beginning of October, but things are starting to get underway.

In France if you fail your exams in June you have a chance to take them again in September. I'll be working 5 hours a week in the economy department and so today I gave oral exams all morning and then was correcting the written exams in the afternoon.

I was at work all day, from 9-4 and despite the fact that I couldn't sleep last night it was a good day. It is weird to go back to having a full day of work after having the whole summer off, but a good thing too. I thought it would be weird for me to give exams to students I don't know and in a subject that I'm not familiar with but as the teacher I work with had said it did help me to get an idea of their level. I'm glad to be working with her, she's a real chatterbox but full of energy and its nice to work with someone not so jaded by their profession.

Its going to be a challenge this year, something I've never done before and I feel like a lot more is expected of me and I'm up for it and would like to do a good job. :-)

So until Monday when I go back to meet my prof I have a stack of exams to correct! Hello the life of a teacher is upon me!

*Fac - University

1 commentaire:

Ksam a dit…

That sounds really cool, I'm happy for you! Can't wait to hear more about how it goes as the school year moves along....