samedi, septembre 09, 2006

crispy

I made another attempt at making a dessert for Mystery Guest's fam. Other things (chocolate-chocolate-craisin cookies or NY cheesecake) I had tried semi passed but were labeled as too sweet or too rich. In my book that's the whole point of dessert but hey who am I to judge :-)

So I thought I'd try to make something much more French, a crumble. Or as we grew up calling it Apple Crisp. Super easy and it was more or less devoured at lunch today.

If you want the receipe here it is:

about 6 or 7 tart cooking apples peeled and sliced
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
about 50 grams of butter diced

Layer the apples in the bottom of a baking dish. In a separate bowl combine the oats, brown sugar and butter and use your hands to make sure it is evenly mixed. Basically it should ressemble in texture wet sand. Sprinkle over the apples and bake at 350F or about 170C until the apples are cooked and bubbly and the crisp is, well, crisp :-)

Serve warm and à la mode ;-) hehe Yum!

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

So, did it pass? What was the verdict? :)

MilkJam a dit…

the verdict was: 2nd helpings Yum ;-)

Anonyme a dit…

I've had some of the same probs with cakes and such here... they don't seem to take too well to American frosting (which is weird because I think the glaçage on a millefeuille is far sweeter, but it must boil down to what you're used to, I guess).