jeudi, avril 06, 2006

not goodbye but see you soon

As a friend stopped by for a quick goodbye before she leaves to go back to New Orleans Saturday morning I realized something.

I had been thinking that it would be a sad goodbye because since I met Shannan 6 months ago I've always thought of her as a big sister, giving me advice and a listening ear.

When she left she said that she would cry and that she was sorry. And she said somethings that really touched me. That she really appriciated everything that I did for her, being there for her this year.

I think for the first time I realized that I am not only touched by people, friends but that I can touch those friends. To realize that I looked up to someone and was touched by their presence someone who in return looked up to and was touched by me.

Aucun commentaire: