mardi, avril 25, 2006

friendly

Haven't been posting much as even though I'm on my vacation I'm busy working all day. I'm teaching English classes for an English workshop here at the university for 14/15 year olds. Its really fun actually, the kids are fairly nice and well behaved. We each choose a workshop and then plan 3 lessons based on the chosen topic. The kids then rotate through the workshops. Its supposed to be something fun but English based.

This year I chose to work on "Friends" which has been funny. Yesterday and today was hard because I had them do really challenging things, such as listen to the beginning of the show with no subtitles and then try to fill in the blank on the scripts I passed out. Its not an easy task as they talk really really fast. Today with my last class I was able to move on to Lesson #2 and they had to imagine what could happen in the rest of the show (I had picked an old episode so they wouldn't have already seen it from Season 1 - 1994 eeek doesn't seem that long ago!) and write out a new dialogue in groups.

They had a great time doing that, they got really creative and adding in other Friends characters (Richard, the duck and the chick etc...) and came up with some pretty good lines. Then each group preformed in front of the class. They were cracking me up! The only thing that lacked was any acting, they basically read the text but they were so funny anyway it was cool. The last class I'll show them the real episode and see what they think about it ;) Maybe I'll be nice and put the French subtitles on hehe... maybe....

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

just wanted to post something on that one .. Hi !!! :D

MilkJam a dit…

hi back!! thanks!!! my post looks less lonely ;) hehe
say, are you ever gonna update your blog??
i'll post something again soon so that you will have something to comment on :)