mercredi, avril 19, 2006

inside man

Two big thumbs up from Karina & Mystery Guest!

Went and saw Inside Man last night. I hadn't heard much about it before, except that it was directed by Spike Lee with an amazing cast but since the reviews were good we went off to see it. (Plus you have to support the arts, especially when the arts cost 2.90e per entry to see a great movie in v.o.!!!!)

It was refreashing to have an original story with the superb direction of Spike Lee. But I think my favorite part of the film was the writing! There wasn't that much dialogue but when the characters did speak it was witty, direct and funny.

I've always said that I enjoy movies the best when the end surprises me, even if I don't like the middle or the main storyline, but this movie had it all - captured my attention from the beginning and then surprised me at the end!

Ok I'm done raving about this movie, if I had to say one thing that annoyed me was Clive Owen's American accent that faded in and out...

3 commentaires:

Ksam a dit…

Good to know...fab's been wanting to see it, but to me it just looked like another typical hostage film...blech. It's in VF here, but we might just have to go check it out now!

Anonyme a dit…

Yop !! A really good movie.

A Novelist a dit…

My boyfriend was a background actor in that movie. He was in a fight scene (outside the bank I think). We haven't seen it yet but heard it was a great film! I can't wait to see it. :)