mardi, mars 01, 2011

Then I see this and want to cry...

4 commentaires:

Mrs B a dit…

Okay, they are so not fajitas. They're more like wrap sandwiches. But you know, if you can get over the name (yes, the Arizonan in me cringes) they are really quite good. I enjoy them quite a bit.

MilkJam a dit…

I've never bought the kits, I have bought the Old El Paso (as you said, BAD name!) "tortillas" and for wraps they are not bad.
What do the kits have in them that you don't already have in your cupboard?

Mrs B a dit…

It depends on the kit. The "crousti" one comes with the seasoned breading that they don't market separately. It also depends on the grocery store, because our Leclerc sells the seasoning for the fajitas separately from the kits but not for tacos, burritos, etc.

I'm not enough of a purist to make my own tortillas though so I do buy the tortillas and spices and then add extra things (like green chiles) to make them better. Although it isn't as good as the real thing, the only mexican restaurants I've found in France worth even humoring are in Paris, and since I haven't been there in forever, I like to treat myself to an "almost" Meximeal occasionally.

MilkJam a dit…

I'm not brave enough to make homemade tortillas (yet...!) so I buy those. I also have a HUGE costco size jar of taco seasoning that my mom sent over about 5 years ago that I use as a main spice for tacos/enchiladas etc... I guess I just consider the other ingredients to be fresh (avacado, tomato, cheese etc...) so that's why I was wondering why buy the kit when you can just buy the tortillas?