samedi, juillet 28, 2007

sleepy

Last night I decided to go to bed early so that I could get up early today to do all my errands... just as I crawled into bed with a good book my neighbor decided to have a party... I havn't had any noise problems yet but with his window open directly below mine I could hear their (loud) conversation as if it was in my bedroom!

I thought, ok I'll see if they finish up soon, I don't want to be the annoying neighbor. But when 1:30am came around and it didn't sound like it would be wrapping up anytime soon I headed downstairs. It took me 5 min of knocking at the door to get him to come to the door and before I could open my mouth he quickly apologized and said he would keep it down. I said I would really appreciate it as I live directly above and can hear everything.

Happy I went back to bed. But did they keep it down? Not even close... It wasn't even a big party, sounded more like a gathering of friends but something about how the noise carries it was sooooo annoying. They finally left around 3am and I fell asleep.

So today I had to wake up early to get a whole bunch of stuff done - including sending my 1st draft of Chapter 1 off to my advisor! I got it all done last night, but I'm so nervous to hear what she has to say... going take today off and then get back to work on it tomorrow :-) Chapter 2 and 3 here I come!

2 commentaires:

Vivi a dit…

Oh man, that is the worst. Luckily, we don't have noisy neighbors here like in our last apartment, but we do occasionally have a dog on our street that barks for hours and hours. Drives me freaking crazy!!

Ksam a dit…

Congratulations! (on Chapter 1, not the noisy neighbors, LOL)

And I've been meaning to write to see how the new place was treating you...