mardi, janvier 03, 2006

back to the grind


It was ridiculously hard to go back to the real world today. Not only does the sun come up really late but it was so grey outside that it felt like it never came up at all.

I made it up to uni today for my theater class and we couldn't believe how long it draaaaaaged on, not only that but I swear it was colder inside than outside! Someone needs to turn the heat on people! Popsicles do not study well! (although they fall asleep less...)

Good news is that we figured out that as we don't have exams in the Masters level we don't have class when the rest of the students have revision week, and we don't have class during the exams! So basically I think I'm free from the 16th of January to the 5th of February, then class until the 25th then another week of vacation with everyone else! Too good! But that does mean I'll have to crank on my currently-non-existant-thesis... ick.

After theater class we made it downstairs for the next class and waited, waited, waited. Finally after 20 minutes decided that the prof was a no show so we all left. It was so nice to have the time to come home, do some email, relax and eat a normally paced lunch before it was off to work.

Work went really well, the kids are just so cute and they remembered things from before break so that was fun. The thing I'm realizing though is that kindergarteners are just too little to learn a language, especially when I'm trying to run a class with 20 kids who just sit still. I wish I could break it up and take half the kids, then the other half. The other kids (1st and 2nd graders) are fun and a lot easier to manage. I walked in the door and they all shouted "HELLLLO!" and "Bonne Annee!" Very cute.

Now if only my high schools would do that... hummm...

ps. I did a search for an image for this blog, typed in "back to work" and this came up! Was too funny not to use it ;) Hiho, hiho, its off to work we go...

Aucun commentaire: