mardi, juillet 25, 2006

melting...

It's HOT in France these days. I'm talking about hot hot. In past summers we'd get a week of hot, then it would break and thunderstorm, cool off for a while and then a week of hot etc... not this summer!

To give you an idea, I left home at 9:30 this morning and it was already 25C (my rough estimate, no contact withoutside world - ie internet, tv or radio - leaves me making my random guesses...) and now I'm giving a little squeal of joy each time the electric fan passes over me on its little rotation.

I could stay at home, where it is nice and cool due to the ground-floor location and little direct sunlight, but with nothing to do I end up leaving to go run errands or to steal internet from friends.

Maybe tomorrow I'll escape to the beach... this heat makes me sleepy and a nap on the beach is always a nice thing :-)

Aucun commentaire: