jeudi, avril 03, 2008

concentration... or lack thereof...

Sorry for that little April Fool's joke back there... tee hee, I thought I might get some of the bloggers but I never thought my family would believe me! You'd think they'd know me better than that and that I would call first instead of putting it up on my blog ;-) But anyway I was proud, it was my first very successful April Fool's prank as I can never get through them straight faced, I always crack at some point!

Other than that I'm just trying to make some headway on my second memoire... Yup that's right, each year of this masters program (2) I have to write a thesis. The first year you research and write in English and the second year you still research in English but write in French, talk about a muddle of vocab in your brain! Last year I barely made it through at the nick of time, this year I started off stronger and more motivated but its one of those times right now where I am seriously losing motivation. Talking with my advisor helped a lot yesterday so I'm hoping that feeling will stay with me! It just really takes the spirit out of you knowing that your written French isn't up to par and having that mental block between ideas and paper is so frusterating!

Anyway vent over, time to go read some more books...

3 commentaires:

Victoria a dit…

hang in there!

Anonyme a dit…

Ah you got us good!

Hang in there with the thesis..those long projects do tend to ebb and flow so much in terms of motivation..

Anonyme a dit…

LOL Good thing I read THIS blog before I read the other one!!!

Good luck with the thesis...I still haven't heard from the Fulbright (they delayed their announcement 3-4 weeks, but that was 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, so it's slowly but surely coming), but I'll let you know when I find out!!

welovetea