vendredi, décembre 01, 2006

library

Thursdays I don't work at all so my plan at the beginning of the year was to spend at least each Thursday in the library writing my memoire that needs to be written! Well until yesterday there was always something that came up and prevented me from having the time or energy.

So yesterday I blocked off all morning to spend in the library. I trucked up there with my books, my trousse and my brain. But the library is just so overwhelming - the research is daunting. Where to begin? How do I find what I need? What do I need? But I was motivated, just being there, the smell and atmosphere that I havn't been in for several years. Rearing to go I dove in.

I came up gasping for air so I went to the documentaliste and they were so nice and although they didn't have time yesterday to explain everything to me they did make me an appointment for Friday afternoon.

Today after an early morning start at work I headed over to the library. The appointment was very very helpful, they showed me so many different ways to do research and really exploit all the research possible. But my brain was sadly not as ready to go, I was sadly missing that energy that I had yesterday so after the meeting I went home with that new information with the promise to go back as soon as possible next week...

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Glad to hear things are getting up and going on that research. LOL Don't get lost in there, okay?

I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow when I wander over to the post to mail boxes to Rebecca and home, I will also be able to send you that item that you have been waiting for...dare you believe me?

Natalie a dit…

i can't believe you own a trousse.