dimanche, août 02, 2009

peach pie

I just pulled my first peach pie out of the oven... it smells YUMMY!!! I followed my favorite book, The New Best Recipe. Except for 2 slight modifications: I bought my pie crust (honestly at 40cents a crust and they are gooood in France I'm not going to spend my time making them...) and I cut the sugar in half. I made this pie for the family-in-law and they don't like things really sweet. Otherwise it's looking nummers! I have to let it cool for at least 2 hours, which is fine. It's Sunday and we haven't even taken a shower yet before heading over to their house. Love lazy days.

3 commentaires:

Megan a dit…

looks great! What crust did you use, sablé?

MilkJam a dit…

it was delish!!! we just ate it for dessert tonight and everyone was verrry happy with it :-)
to answer your question I used une pate brisée but talking with my MIL we decided that a sablée could work really well too but not a feuilletée because it would get too soggy.
oh man, i was almost sad they kept the 2 leftover pieces... LOL

Anonyme a dit…

That looks scrumptious! I only use the store bought kind here too. They are so good.
Now you will have to experiment with other fruit.