mercredi, octobre 08, 2008

stressed?

Yesterday I was introduced to several of the students that I'll be working with this year in the lycee. It all went fine until the last class, the students had a little Q&A session with me and someone asked how old I was.

Right before I was able to answer the teacher jumped in and said, well why don't you guys?

35.

Honestly kids, you don't know what you're talking about!

Well I guess that got me in a little bit of a complex with my birthday coming up at the end of the month (yea birthday month!) so today when I was in Caen to teach I went to the hairdressers in the afternoon to get a haircut and re-do my highlights I totally freaked out.

All was good, she was doing my highlights and I was zoning out after waking up early to catch my train. Then she said, oh you've got a white hair! I snapped out of my zone thinking she had said "blond" instead of "blanc" and was about to say "duh, they're mostly blond!" when I realized what she said!

My first grey hair!!!!!

She asked if I wanted her to pull it out, I said yes please! But the darn thing wouldn't budge so she snipped it with a pair of scissors... I fingered it for a while before tossing it on the floor with the rest of my hair.

With your color no one will ever notice, she tried to reassure me...

Humm... not sure how well that worked! Oh well... I guess I'll celebrate my birthday silly and try to forget that I'll be closer to 30 than to 25... sniff...

4 commentaires:

Ksam a dit…

Yay for the birthday month! Boo for grey hairs!

Anonyme a dit…

35? Those kids are blind or stupid or both.

Don't worry too much about the white hair. It's normal! Just think of it as a lack of pigment which is a common, random mutation in all mammals.

Happy birthday!

MilkJam a dit…

Thanks ladies! Yea for Birthday Month!!! :-) I love how it is always during the vacances, makes me feel like France takes time off especially for ME :-)! Haha!

Leah a dit…

You definitely do NOT look 35! And if it makes you feel any better, I'm 26 and I've had a few grey hairs for about 2 years now. Hmm, now that I think about it, 2 years is since I came back to France for the third time....interesting. I think I'll blame the Prefecture.