mercredi, novembre 09, 2011

christmasy

I'm getting in the Christmasy spirit around here and working on a new gingerbread recipe. It's a really different kind of cookie dough (no eggs!?!) but it really cooks up well. I made them on the thicker side then I normally do (and tried really hard not to over bake them - I swear I check on them, turn my back and my oven decides to cook faster? wtf?).

Still trying to decide if I prefer them chewy (as above) or more "gingersnappy". I think I'm leaning towards chewy and it seems as though facebook friends agree with me!

I also got a chance to do something I love - cookie decoration! I practiced my "flooding" technique which worked out well and is so easy once you know how.

I've also got a Christmas surprise up my sleeve but MIL has my blog address and churns it through google translate so no sneak peaks unfortunately!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

These look DIVINE Karina! Tell me, what happens to all the try outs you make?! I like making cake but I always give it to Julien to take to work so i don't eat a kilo of cake!!

MilkJam a dit…

Thanks Emmy!! To be honest I try to time it when there's something going on, this weekend we're going to a friend's house and I promised I'd bring cookies :-) when I was working I'd bring them to work etc. it's a great way to get rid of tests! People in offices LOVE food around :-)