jeudi, décembre 08, 2005

party

I've had a great day so far, even if it entailed waking up at the buttcrack of dawn to haul out to my 2nd school where I teach. But the kids were great, I had a group of 6 girls that were actually interested in trying to communicate and made me feel worthwhile. Then the best news came, I didn't have to stay until 5:30 as my last class was canceled, that means I was on the bus home at 3:00! Yipppee!

So what did I do when I came home? I baked of course!

I was invited by a girl in my Masters program to a housewarming/christmas party! First time I'm going to ever see my classmates outside of class! This girl is very nice, in fact when she said she was going to Dublin 2 weeks ago and I said that I missed Philadelphia Cream Cheese she brought back two ginormous tubs! So when she asked me to bring something to the party - Cheesecake!

I finally could make a normal cheesecake! Its too hard finding good substitutes in France... So I found a yummy sounding recipe on the internet - Sinful White Chocolate Cheesecake! It is sitting in the oven resting so in the meantime I made a quick cranberry sauce to put on top. How good does that sound? Yum Yum.

So I'm hoping that the other conversions worked out ok. Thats the problem with cakes and such, you can't try it before serving it... just a wee bit too obvious if there is a slice missing... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turned out normal.

I'll post a picture tomorrow of the Sinful White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake in all its glory!

8 commentaires:

Ksam a dit…

yum, sounds delicious! hope you had fun at your party...and i never asked you what you were doing your masters in???

Anonyme a dit…

That's when you make a little more cheesecake than you need, and then make a mini cheesecake to try. ;)

MilkJam a dit…

masters in english lit...
brittany - that is an EXCELLENT idea! made me laugh :) wish you woulda told me before though...
my whole appt smells like cheesecake, making me hungry!

Ksam a dit…

ah, i see. are your classes in english then, or in french?

and that's my trick too, i always save enough to make to small servings - one for me to try to make sure it's okay, and one for fab to stop him from eating the cake before the party!

Anonyme a dit…

Oh, hey, and you might find this funny - don't know how long it'll take you to download, but I think it's worth it. ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6030007687836125800&q=elton+john

MilkJam a dit…

i wanna see it! it said that it is currently unavalible in my country :( its not my country! i just live here! ;) any suggestions?
sam - my classes are 'mostly' in english. really going back and forth but all my classes at home for my french major and my study abroad time was all in french so i'm ok with that. :)

Ksam a dit…

lucky you!!!

and where's that cheesecake photo?

MilkJam a dit…

oppps! it was eaten so fast i forgot to take a picture... :( but lets just say it was delish!
;)