jeudi, juillet 19, 2012

Summer?

Let's see... Since those two beautiful weeks of summer we had back in ugh... May. We've had not one glorious hot summer day. Nada. Zilch. Nil.
Instead of working on my tan at the beach in the afternoons I sip tea in my hoodie on the couch. Not that I mind that but I'd prefer to do it in say... November? It's JULY!!!

Rant over.

Anyway this year there have been some ups and downs in my little veggie patch. My FIL had given me dome beautiful tomato starters that he grew from seed, with the rain and those beautiful may days they grew bananas. But alas with just so much rain they still suffered the same fate as last years tomatoes - blight. I ripped them up this week :-(
He gave me leek starters this week, I think they'll do better, more adapted for cooler weather. My blueberries created the most beautiful and delicate little white bell shaped blossoms this spring (that the bees adored!) and now they are starting to ripen!! My snow peas & green beans are enjoying the cool weather and have lots of flowers. I planted a row of beets from seed which sprouted quite nicely until I went out one morning and saw that the slugs had mowed them down only leaving two which now are doing great. My zucchini have resisted the cool temps and are doing their very best to flower and have little baby zucchini starting. I'm going to plant some carrots, beets & kale that I ordered. Hopefully they'll do ok :-)

That's it for the garden round up - ill leave you with a picture of my breakfast this morning! Berries from the garden if you please!!!

Aucun commentaire: