vendredi, juin 15, 2007

... I'm back


I'm back in the blogging world... There have been lots of things going on recently, none of which I'd like to go into more detail on my blog, but needless to say I've been a bit stressed but am doing a bit better.
When I was talking to a friend of mine about this stress she suggested that I try her acupuncturist doctor. She has been going there for the last 6 months or so and says that the woman is very nice and the treatment seems to really work.
Being from the States I've never really gone to any alternative medecine, but I thought why not. The woman is also a regular GP and so not only does she do acupuncture but regular healthcare as well. I think the combination of Eastern-Western medecine can be really interesting. Not only that but because she's a regular doctor I just had to pay the regular 21euros fee, plus a couple extra for the needles. So even if I didn't like it, the whole thing is almost completely reimbursed by the state healthcare system :-) Cool eh?
So I went there this morning and my friend was right, she is so nice. She's very insightful and asked me questions that I would never have thought relavant or connected to my stress. The needles hardly hurt at all, just the lightest of pricks, not even like those little pricks at the end of your fingers to sample blood (god those hurt!) probably because these needles don't even draw blood. She put several on my feet and lower legs, a couple by my wrists, a few on my back and two or three on the top of my head! The strange thing is that these needles are bendy! She put them in my back and then asked me to lay down!
The whole thing was a very relaxing experience and she asked me to make an appt in 2 weeks for a follow up and to see how things are going. I asked for a perscription for allergy meds since I'm all out and can't wear my contacts my eyes hurt so bad, she also gave me a perscription for some minerals and stuff to get my immune system back up. I went to go fill these perscriptions and was surprised when the pharmasist brought a box filled with glass tubes that looked like this:
I had seen them before and they always creeped me out... They are little glass tubes with medication inside, called ampoules. Basically you break (yes break with your fingers!) the glass tip and then as the liquid is suspended inside by some force of physics, you break off the other tip and all the liquid drains out. Now I've seen people do this directly into their mouthes but me, no I couldn't handle it so I put it in a glass and then drank it. Its just too weird hearing the crunch of the glass...

Aucun commentaire: